Friday, January 11, 2008

A Sons Journey into the World of Non Surgical Facelifts

My mother dropped a bombshell, she said she had decided to go for a full surgical facelift. My dad and I were stunned, we didn't think there was anything wrong with mums' face, we'd seen it for years and it was OK, but I guess she had read just one Hollywood celebrity article too many and had decided that it was time to address the march of time.

My dad was quite upset. I am not sure if he was thinking about the cost, the danger of surgery or the fact that my mum might be thinking about toy boys. Anyway I decided to do some research into it and found a whole world of different facelifting techniques.

Apart from the knife, there is laser and a large category known as non surgical face lifts which include face peels, some sort of radio waves that only burn about 6% of their customers, injections of some sort of toxic fluid, anti aging creams and facial exercises.

Out the whole range of weird and wonderful methods, I thought that facial exercises seemed the most benign, although it would take the most commitment from the patient. I was not sure if it wouldn't be better seeing my mum come home with a new face and a few stitches and bruises for a few days, than having to endure her going around pulling faces all the time, like some extra in a Three Stooges movie but I persisted.

On closer examination there is another vast world of facial exercises, some free, some you pay for, all guaranteeing to make the face look younger, fitter or better. Some come with celebrity endorsements or an 'as seen on TV' tag or calling it yoga for the face, it was all quite baffling.

Then I came across a site called Facialwizard at www.facialwizard.yourpower2be.com/facialwizardprogram.html , maybe it was the name, but I decided to have a look and I must say that I was surprised at what they had to offer. As well as the facial exercises, it included acupoint massage which is like acupuncture but instead of sticking needles into the specific points, you massage there. As I had received acupuncture for a motorcycle injury I knew it was good stuff, so I was impressed.

Another part of the program is called magnet therapy, which I noted incurred extra expenditure to take full advantage of its' benefits but I have heard of sports guys using it to recover from injuries faster, so I figured if they use it must be good.

The final part of this program is called EFT (emotional freedom technique) which they say will not only help you to keep doing your exercises but will also improve your life, get rid of any traumas and generally make you feel good. Now this part had me a little worried, but I knew my mum might have a problem keeping up with her daily exercises. She had joined a gym but couldn't be bothered to keep going and had taken up any number of things up but got bored with them.

I went over to Gary Craigs' website to find out about this EFT and it was really amazing just what this EFT can do.

That I think, clinched it for me, so like the guy in the Charles Atlas adverts I gambled a mere $25 and got the download, which came with 5 free other neat things that my mum really liked, which turned out to be one of the best birthday presents she ever had as the e-book is incredibly stylish.

Now she is looking really great and says she is feeling really good, my dad is still a bit worried about toyboys but she is getting him to use the program as well so he can compete.

This Facialwizard is really the best of the facial exercise programs, given all the extras it includes.

The weirdest thing is that I had a toothache one day and my mum used that EFT on me and it disappeared. I will be investigating this further.

Ian Richards started writing many years ago on Frizz Newspaper for hair, fashion and the beautifull people, in London. He also wrote the astrology column for the teen magazine Starstruck. He then became an international press photographer but has now returned to his writing roots.

Labels: , , , , ,